Any reference to “you” in these Terms includes yourself and any person that accesses or uses the Site and the services we make available via the Site (the “Services”) on your behalf, whether as a guest or a registered user.
These Terms apply to anyone who uses the Site or Services, including those who use the Site or Services to find a job (“Job Doers”) as well as anyone who uses the Site or Services to find someone to perform a task or job (“Job Posters”) (collectively “Users”).
Please read these Terms carefully before using this Site. YOUR ATTENTION IN PARTICULAR IS DRAWN TO THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SECTION. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY. By using our Site, you confirm that you accept these Terms and agree to comply with them. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms is deemed to occur upon your first use of our Site and you will be required to read and accept these terms when e-signing up for an account. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use our Site.
Information about us:
This section provides legal information about our business’ registration.
Our Site is owned and operated by the Odd Done Ltd (T/A Worksity), which is registered in England and Wales under company number 10854037 and has its registered office at No. 32 Bath Hill Court, Bath Road, Bournemouth, United Kingdom, BH1 2HP.
Other applicable Terms:
This section explains what other documents apply to your use of the Site.
Worksity processes personal data as both a Data Controller and a Data Processor, as defined in the Directive and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Purpose of Worksity:
This section explains what we do and don’t do when providing the Site and Services, and some of your responsibilities when using the Site.
Worksity is a marketplace that helps Job Doers and Job Posters find each other. Worksity merely provides our Services to help you find and transact with other Job Doers and Job Posters. We do not provide any introductions; you are responsible for finding (and determining the suitability of) a Job Doer or Job Poster on your own. If you decide to enter into a contract with another user of the Site, that contract is directly between you and that user, and we are not a party to that contract or any other relationship or dealings between you. (We explain this further in our Limitation of Liability section.)
You are solely responsible for:
- Ensuring the accuracy and legality of any content posted by another user.
- Determining the suitability of other Users for your purposes.
- Negotiating, agreeing to, and executing any necessary agreements for the performance of a job or task.
- Determining and fulfilling any related legal requirements (including insurance, taxes, and documentation).
- Determining the time, place, manner and means of performance (including payment).
- Execution or performance of any job or task agreed to (and related obligations, including payment).
- All tax liability associated with payments made or received through Worksity.
You also understand and agree that:
- You are not an employee of Worksity and you are not eligible for any employment rights or benefits.
- We do not have any liability or obligations related to jobs posted or found through our Site, or for the acts or omissions of other Users.
Accessing our Site:
This section explains who should access our Site and limitations on its availability.
You must be at least 18 years old to use our Site. Any registration by, use of, or access to our Site by under the age of 18 is unauthorised and is in breach of these Terms. In using our Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old.
Our Site is directed to people and businesses residing in the United Kingdom. Our Services are to be used for business purposes only. If you use our Site as a Job Doer, you warrant and represent that you are self-employed and eligible to work in the United Kingdom. (Please note that international students are not eligible to be a Job Doer.)
We do not represent that the content available on or through our Site is appropriate or available in other locations. We may limit the availability of our Site or any service or product described on our Site to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access our Site from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk.
We do not guarantee that our Services, our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Site is permitted on an “as is” temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site or Services without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Site.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
Your Account and Password:
This section provides information about account and password security.
To register for an account to join the Site, you must complete a user profile, which you consent to be shown to other Users. You agree to provide and maintain true, accurate, and complete information on your profile and anywhere else you submit information on the Site.
When you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com. We will not be liable for any unauthorised use of your account.
You may close your account at any time by emailing us using the contact details provided below or by logging in, navigating to your profile, clicking where indicated to delete your account and completing the verification process.
This section explains how our payment process works.
We use Stripe for payment processing. If you’re a Job Poster who hires for a task, we’ll process your payment through Stripe before the task begins (and hold it in escrow until the task is complete). If you’re a Job Doer and you get hired to perform a task, you will be paid via Stripe when the task is complete.
Because we collect payment from Job Posters before the task begins, we minimise the risk of payment issues (including late payments). However, if a payment problem or dispute arises, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intellectual Property Rights and Use of Material on our Site:
This section explains that we retain all of our rights to the material on our Site.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights on our Site, and in the material we publish on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved and, subject to the below, you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, sell, sub-licence, store, or in any other manner re-use content from our Site unless given express written permission to do so by us.
You may print off one copy and may download extracts of any page(s) from our Site for your personal use. You may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Site must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
If you print off, copy or download any part of our Site in breach of these Terms, your right to use our Site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. You agree that you will not use our intellectual property rights in any way other than allowed under these Terms and any infringement by you thereof will be a material breach of these Terms.
Although we own any material we publish, Job Posters will own any material they produce or publish through the Site after full payment for the applicable job. Job Doers will own any material they produce or publish through the Site until full payment is received for the applicable job; after payment is received, the Job Poster will become the owner of all material related to the applicable job. Please see paragraph 10 below (“Your Content”) for more information.
No reliance on Information:
This section explains that you should not rely upon information you find on the Site.
The content on our Site is provided for general information only, and you should not rely on it as advice. It is your responsibility to ensure that any Services or information available through the Site (either directly or indirectly) meet your specific requirements.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our Liability: PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY. It explains our limited relationship to you and limits our liability for any legal issues that may arise.
Worksity’s Services are provided as a marketplace to connect Job Doers to Job Posters. They are provided solely in order to facilitate the management of administration between Job Doers and Job Posters. Job Doers and Job Posters are responsible for creating any agreements necessary for the fulfillment of a job. We are not a party to any transactions or other relationships between Job Doers and Job Posters, or to any dispute between those parties. Any claims must be made directly against the party concerned.
Worksity is not an employer and has no employer obligations to Job Doers or Applicants. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to prohibit or discourage Users from engaging in any other business activities or providing any services through any other channels they choose. We are not a party to any employment relationship between Job Doers and Job Posters. If you perform a job or task outside of an employment capacity, you do so as a self-employed service provider and are responsible for all corresponding legal obligations (including taxation).
Although we perform random security checks to authenticate Users and provide an escrow payment system to protect your payments, we cannot guarantee the authenticity of any user(s) you interact with or the safety of any payment. You use the Site solely at your own risk.
Insofar as is permitted by law, we make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that the services we provide via our Site will meet your requirements or expectations, that they will be fit for a particular purpose, that success or any other specific results may be achieved, or that they will be error-free, timely, reliable, secure or virus-free.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, we accept no liability to any user for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) our Site and Services or the use of or reliance upon our Services or any content included on our Site. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Services, Site or any content on it, whether express or implied, including any guarantee that our Site will meet your requirements.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Site;
- use of or reliance on our Services or any content displayed on our Site;
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, sales or revenue, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, or loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation, or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it. We accept no responsibility or liability arising out of any disruption or non-availability of our Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, natural events or acts of war.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our Site. Unless expressly stated, these websites are not under our control. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
This section explains your and our rights and obligations relating to any content you upload to the Site.
Content that you post using our Services is your content, and includes (but is not limited to) anything you post using our Services such as usernames, profile pictures, photos, descriptions, comments or any other information or content (“Your Content”). We do not make any claim to Your Content. Your Content must comply with the Content Standards paragraph below.
- Responsibility for Your Content. You understand that you are solely responsible for Your Content. You warrant that you have all necessary rights to Your Content and that you are not infringing or violating any third party’s rights by posting it or uploading it to the Site. You agree to indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered by us as a result of your breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- Permission to Use Your Content. By posting, submitting or transmitting Your Content on or via our Site, you grant us a licence to use it. We don’t claim any ownership to Your Content, but we have your permission to use it to help us function and grow. That way, we won’t infringe any rights you have in Your Content and we can help promote Your Content and use it to deliver our Services to you.
- Rights You Grant to us. By posting Your Content, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, fully transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual licence to use, display, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, store, and prepare derivative works of Your Content to operate and promote the Site, in any formats and through any channels, including across any third-party website or advertising medium. Your Content will be considered non-confidential and nonproprietary and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose it to third parties.
- Reporting Unauthorized Content. We take intellectual property rights very seriously and are committed to following appropriate legal procedures to remove infringing content from our Site. If content that you own or have rights to (including Your Content) has been posted to the Site without your permission and you want it removed, please contact us email@example.com. If Your Content infringes another person’s intellectual property, we will remove it if we receive proper notice. If any third party claims that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Site violates their intellectual property rights, or their right to privacy, we have the right to disclose your identity to them. We’ll notify you if that happens.
- Inappropriate, False or Misleading Content. This should be common sense, but there are certain types of content we don’t want posted via the Site (for legal reasons or otherwise). You agree that you will not post any content that is abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, vulgar or otherwise offensive or in violation of our Terms (including the Content Standards set out in paragraph 15 below). You also agree not to post any content that is false and misleading or uses the Site in a manner that is fraudulent or deceptive. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for Your Content or the accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the Site.
Some of the Site is supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions, and you hereby agree that we may place such advertising and promotions on the Site or on, about, or in conjunction with Your Content without any payment being or becoming due to you. We are not responsible for the content of any advertising on the Site including, but not limited to, any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions therein.
This section warns you about viruses and your obligation not to introduce them.
We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. A breach of this provision is a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
Linking to our Site:
This section explains how you can lawfully link to our Site on another website.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our Site in any website that is not owned by you. Our Site must not be framed on any other Site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page. The website to which you are linking must comply in all respects with the Content Standards paragraph set out below (Content Standards).
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If you wish to make any use of content on our Site other than that set out above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This section explains ways you are not allowed to use our Site.
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or reuse any material which does not comply with our content standards described in the next paragraph (Content Standards).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or resell any part of our Site in contravention of these Terms.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
--- any part of our Site;
--- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
--- any software used in the provision of our Site; or
--- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
This section explains the requirements for any content you upload to the Site.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you upload or contribute to our Site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
We are not responsible for the content or accuracy of, or for any opinions, views, or values expressed in any posts, comments or other content posted by Users. Any such opinions, views, or values are those of the relevant user and do not reflect our opinions, views, or values in any way.
Suspension and termination:
This section explains what happens if we suspend or terminate your account.
We will determine, at our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Terms. When a breach has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site (including suspension or termination of your account)
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these Terms. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
You agree to fully reimburse us for all losses (including loss of profit, revenue, goodwill or reputation), costs and expenses arising out of any breach of these Terms by you, or any other act or omission by you in using the Site or by any other person accessing the Site using your personal information with your authority that results in any legal responsibility on our part to any third party.
If your account is terminated or deactivated (by you or by us), your photos, comments and all other data uploaded and pertaining to your account (including Your Content) will no longer be accessible through your account, but those materials and data may persist and appear within the Site (for example if Your Content has been re-shared by other Users).
We encourage you to maintain your own backup of Your Content. We are not a backup service and you agree that you will not rely on the Site for the purposes of backup or storage of Your Content. Whilst we will take all reasonable steps to keep Your Content secure, we do not guarantee that others will not gain access to your information or that Your Content will be stored safely. You acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of content or other information may not be secure.
This section provides additional legal information that help with legal interpretation of the Terms.
Clause headings are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Terms. We will not lose our rights under these Terms by reason of any delay by us in enforcing those rights.
If any provision of these Terms shall be deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
These Terms, and all incorporated documents referred to herein, constitutes the entire agreement as to your use of and our provision of the Site and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between us, whether written or oral.
You acknowledge that, in entering into this agreement, you do not rely on, and shall have no remedies in respect of, any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these Terms or any incorporated documents referred to herein.
This section explains the circumstances you agree to hold us harmless for.
You hereby agree to indemnify us, our directors, officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, judgments and reasonable costs, including legal fees and costs, incurred in connection with (i) your use or inability to use the Services, or (ii) any content submitted by you or using your account to the Service, including, but not limited to the extent such content may infringe on the intellectual rights of a third party or otherwise be illegal or unlawful. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to your indemnification. You will not, in any event, settle any claim or matter without our written consent.
This section explain what laws apply to these Terms.
These Terms will be interpreted, construed and enforced in all respects in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and you irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales, except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
Changes to these Terms:
This section explains how we implement changes to your and our obligations under these Terms.
We may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page. Please check this page from time to time for any changes, as they are binding on you upon your first use of the Site after the changes have been introduced. In the event of any conflict between the current version of these Terms and any previous version(s), the provisions that are current and in effect will prevail (unless it is expressly stated otherwise).
Changes to our Site:
This section explains that our Site might not always be up-to-date.
We may update our Site from time to time and may change the content and Services at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Get in touch!
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting our Site.
Worksity (we/us/our/the Company) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed, stored and disclosed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting www.worksity.com (the Site) or using any services offered through or associated with our Site (the Services), you are deemed to have accepted and consented to the practices described in this policy. This policy applies to anyone who uses the Site or Services, including those who use the Site or Services to find a job (Job Doers) as well as anyone who uses the Site or Services to find someone to perform a task or job (Job Posters).
The Site is owned and operated by Odd Done Limited (Company No. 10854037) (T/A Worksity) of No 32 Bath Hill Court, Bath Road, Bournemouth, United Kingdom, BH1 2HP (our Company Address). Worksity processes personal data as both a Data Controller and a Data Processor, as defined in the Directive and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We are registered with the ICO and our ICO registration number is ZA420096.
The Site contains links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates or to websites shared by other users. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Our Services are intended for users 18 and older. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone younger than age 18. By using our Services, you warrant that you are at least 18 years old. If we become aware that a child younger than 18 has provided us with personal information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our files. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child younger than age 18 and believe that we have collected personal information about your child, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
1. Data We Collect About You
We collect and process personal information so we can provide our Services to you. It’s important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
The data we collect and process about you is explained in the sections below.
1.1 Data You Give Us
You give us information about you in the course of using our Services (whether as a Job Doer or a Job Poster) by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, pay for Services, subscribe to our marketing database, use the Site’s search function, communicate through the Site, post material, report a problem with the Site or request further information or Services.
The information you give us includes:
- contact information, including your name, phone number, email address and login details.
- identity verification data, including date of birth, personal identification number(s) (such as your national insurance number), copies of government-issued identification documents, proof of address and photos.
- financial information, including bank or credit card information, transaction history (such as records of payments for services you have requested or provided), history and financial transaction history.
- information for your profile, including personal characteristics (such as your photograph), education history, business information and/or employment information.
- information about how you use the Site, including location data and behavioural data.
This data is necessary for our legitimate interests and for us to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, and we rely on this as a lawful basis to use and process the data described above.
For information on how and why we use the data described above, please refer to the sections below.
1.2 Data We Automatically Collect
Each time you visit or use our Site, we automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, location, network data, browser plug-in types and versions, languages, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We use this information as statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns, for system administration, and to evaluate, provide, protect or improve our Services (including by developing new products and services). Because we collect, use and share this information in the aggregate, it does not identify any individual.
1.3 Data We Receive From Third Parties
We receive information about you from the following third parties we use to carry out our Services.
- If you use Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+ to log in to Worksity, your login details and profile information from the site used will be shared with Worksity. (Note that we cannot control and are not liable for third parties use your logins from these sites.)
- We use Stripe for payment processing. When Job Posters make payments on or through our Site through Stripe, and Stripe collects and stores the payment information. If you’re a Job Doer and you get hired to perform a task, we also connect your Stripe Connect account to Worksity’s Stripe Connect account so we can pay you when the task is complete.
- We use Google Analytics to collect information about how you use our Site (for example, which pages and features you use the most). We use this information to help us develop and improve our Site.
This data is necessary for us to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, and we rely on this as a lawful basis to use and process the data described above. For more information on how these companies handle your personal data, please refer to their privacy policies using the links provided above. For information on who we share your information with, please refer to section 5 below.
2. How We Use Your Data
We use your data to carry out our Site and Services in the following ways:
- To administer and manage your account and to carry out any other obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To carry out any payments due to or from you.
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so.
- To respond to communications from you, provide you with information about our Services and to notify you about changes to our Site and Services.
We also use your data to make our Site and Services better in the following ways:
- To administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- As part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure (for example, by conducting analysis required to detect malicious data and understand how this may affect your IT system).
We will not send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under applicable data protection laws. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous enquiry by you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have expressly consented to this.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please notify us in writing or by email using the contact details below.
3. How We Secure Your Data
All of your personal information is protected and we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and management procedures to safeguard and secure the data we collect. Your information is stored on internal servers, secure cloud databases through Amazon Web Services, and a private web server hosted by GoDaddy. (For more information on how these companies handle your personal data, please refer to their privacy policies using the links provided above.) We utilise firewalls, three-tier architecture and built-in security measures through Amazon Web Services and GoDaddy to help protect your information. Your information is only accessible by employees who have authorised access rights to such information. All of your payment information is encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and the security features described above to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. How Long We Store Your Data
We only keep your personal information for as long as it’s necessary for our original legitimate purpose for collecting the information and for as long as we have your permission to keep it. We will delete your personal information when you delete your account (by emailing us using the contact details provided below or by logging in, navigating to your profile, clicking where indicated to delete your account and completing the verification process).
5. Disclosure to Third Parties
5.1 Parties with whom we share your content
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We share information about you with the following third parties we use to carry out our Site and Services.
- As we said above, we use Stripe for payment processing. If you’re a Job Poster who hires for a task, we’ll process your payment through Stripe before the task begins (and hold it there until the task is complete). If you’re a Job Doer and you get hired to perform a task, we share information with Stripe so we can pay you when the task is complete.
- We use Twilio to send a verification code to your cell phone when you sign up to use the Site, and we need to share your phone number with them for this feature to work. It’s important for us to verify your phone number because it’s an essential part of connecting you with users who have jobs you’re interested in, or are interested in the jobs you’ve posted.
- GoDaddy provides us with a private web server to host our Site. Because they back up the platform daily for security reasons, they have access to the information you post on your profile.
- Amazon Web Services provides us with a secure cloud storage service. Like GoDaddy, they back up their servers periodically for security reasons, so they have access to any information about you we upload to the cloud server.
For more information on how these companies handle your personal data, please refer to their privacy policies using the links provided above.
The only other circumstances under which we would share your personal data are:
- If the third party is a member of our group (which means any subsidiaries or ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006).
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data will be one of the transferred assets and the purchaser will be permitted to use the data for the purposes for which it was originally collected by us.
- If we’re under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others (including exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
5.2 Parties with whom you may choose to share your content
You may choose to share any information, photographs or other content that you voluntarily submit to the Site either on public areas of the Site or within your private communications with other users through the Site. Such data will become available and viewable by other users. Once you have shared your content or made it public, that content may be copied or re-shared by others. We do not control the contents of communications made between users (although you can make a complaint about another user by contacting us using the contact information below).
You may review, modify, update, correct or remove any personal data you have submitted to the Site at any time. If you remove information that you posted to the Site, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site, or if other users or third parties have copied or saved that information.
You must respect the privacy of others and you must not disclose any personal details about other people that may be misleading or cause them harm or offence. It is your responsibility to obtain their prior express permission in respect of any submission of their data at any time.
Always think carefully before disclosing personal data or other information to other users or otherwise posting personal data on the Site.
6. International Transfers
Because we use suppliers who are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA), your data is transferred to and stored at destinations outside the EEA. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated as securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR.
You can obtain more details of the protection given to your personal data when it is transferred outside the EEA by contacting us using the contact information below.
7. Your Rights
7.1 Legitimate Bases
We will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently and that it will only be processed if at least one of the following bases applies:
- You have given your clear consent to the processing of your personal data for a specific purpose.
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party (or for us to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you).
- Processing is necessary for our compliance with the law.
- Processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
- Processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority and the task/function has a clear basis in law.
- Processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, except where there is a good reason to protect your personal data which overrides those legitimate interests, such as allowing us to effectively and efficiently manage and administer the operation of our business, maintaining compliance with internal policies and procedures, monitoring the use of our copyrighted materials, offering optimal, up-to-date security and obtaining further knowledge of current threats to network security in order to update our security.
7.2 Data Subject Rights
Under the GDPR, you have the right to:
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your personal data if we have another legitimate reason for doing so (such as to comply with a legal obligation).
- Be informed of what data we hold and the purpose for processing the data, as a whole or in parts.
- Be forgotten and, in some circumstances, have your data erased by ourselves and our affiliates (although this is not an absolute right and there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal data but we are legally entitled to retain it).
- Correct or supplement any information we hold about you that is incorrect or incomplete.
- Restrict processing of the information we hold about you (for example, so that inaccuracies may be corrected—but again, there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict processing of your personal data but we are legally entitled to refuse that request).
- Object to the processing of your data.
- Obtain your data in a portable manner and reuse the information we hold about you.
- Challenge any data we use for the purposes of automated decision-making and profiling (in certain circumstances—as above, there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict our processing of your personal data but we are legally entitled to refuse that request).
- Complain to a supervisory authority (e.g. the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK) if you think any of your rights have been infringed by us. (We would, however, appreciate the chance to address your concerns, so please contact us prior to taking this step).
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights) unless your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will get your express opt-in consent before we use your data for such purposes or share your personal data with any third parties for such purposes, but you can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us using the contact details below or by unsubscribing using the links contained in the marketing emails.
We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach of your personal data when we are legally required to do so.
Some of the cookies we use are essential for the Site to operate. If you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
Before any non-essential cookies are placed on your device, you will be shown a pop-up message requesting your consent to setting those cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies, but you can choose to enable or disable some or all cookies via the settings on your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are required to save your session and to carry out other activities that are strictly necessary for the operation of the Site. They include, by way of general example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Site, use a shopping cart, or make use of e-billing services. These cookies are session cookies, which means they’re temporary and will expire when you close your browser.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they’re using it. These cookies help us improve the way the Site works by, for example, ensuring that users are finding what they’re looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to the Site. They enable us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Site, the pages you visit, and the links you follow. We use this information to make the Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We also share this information with third parties for the same purpose.
- Social Media cookies. These cookies work together with social media plug-ins. For example, when we embed photos, video and other content from social media websites, the embedded pages contain cookies from these websites. Similarly, if you choose to share our content on social media, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through.
Changes To Our Privacy & Cookie Policies
Any changes we may make to our Privacy & Cookie Policies in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. You will be deemed to have accepted the terms of the updated Privacy & Cookie Policies on your first use of the Site following the alterations. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy & Cookie Policies.